We are looking for an experienced, energetic and enthusiastic candidate for the role of Yard Supervisor in St Mary Cray, Bromley.
The Role of Yard Supervisor
In this position you will run the day-to-day operations of our busy waste transfer station in St Mary Cray which manually and mechanically processes large volumes of construction and demolition waste.
A hands-on approach to the work is needed but an ability to delegate work and tasks to yard staff is essential. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Yard Supervisor will be able to take direction and instructions from senior management and also communicate well with staff and colleagues in order to play their part in the smooth running of the transfer station and the business.
Outline of duties as Yard Supervisor
• Daily supervision of all yard staff including labourers, machine operators and HGV drivers
• Organisation and overseeing of all vehicle traffic and movements within the premises
• Overseeing waste processing operations
• Recording and keeping a daily site diary, plant, machinery maintenance and PPE/Health & Safety registers
• Implementation of H&S policy, procedures, RAMS and toolbox talks
The Yard Supervisor is responsible for:
• Ensuring that the site is fully compliant regarding waste management as detailed in its waste management licence and company policy
• The Health and Safety of all site staff and visitors
• Leading their team of staff to maximise the profit of the facility (instigating training requirements, employee appraisals etc.) to ensure a skilled and safe workforce at all times
• All site machinery, liaising with the Operations Manager and maintenance department on the day-to-day monitoring of plant performance, planned preventive maintenance (with strict cost control on repair and maintenance)
• Maximising plant and machinery potential to ensure the highest possible recycling rates are met and upheld
All candidates must have a good understanding and experience of logistics, waste sorting and recycling processes including the industry specific plant and machinery. The working environment is fast paced and demanding with the majority of the working day being spent outside in all weathers. An ability to drive HGV and plant is necessary.
WAMITAB qualification, first aid training and IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications would be preferable but are not essential.
Hours and Salary
As Yard Supervisor you will work Monday to Friday 06:45hrs to 17:30hrs and alternate Saturdays 0645hrs to 1230hrs. There is a salary on offer of £40,000 to £45,000, depending on experience, plus overtime.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Environmental, waste management, supervisor, yard, operations, plant, machinery,