Micheldever Tyre Services have a great opportunity available for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor in Bury St Edmunds. This role is working the day shift from 6am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday.
As the largest independent Tyre Distribution company in the UK, Micheldever Tyre Services handle millions of tyres a year. As a member of the Micheldever Tyre Services team, you will support activities across their operation, working closely with Managers, Drivers and Stock Controllers to deliver exceptional customer service.
The Role of Warehouse Supervisor
Reporting to the Site Manager you will be responsible for leading a team of Warehouse Operatives, managing the demands and ensuring that the resources and operational requirements are maintained in order to achieve deadlines and satisfy customer orders.
Your main responsibilities as Warehouse Supervisor will include:
• Assist the Shift Manager in achieving all targets.
• Assisting with the receiving and dispatching of tyres.
• Ensure stock levels are accurately recorded.
• Monitoring that goods are processed in a timely manner
• Deliver in-house training.
• General housekeeping of the warehouse.
• Ensure that health and safety practices are adhered to at all times.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
• Previous supervisory experience of logistics and operations in a warehouse setting.
• Knowledge of logistics or tyres would be beneficial.
• Good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Have a keen eye for detail and have good Excel skills.
• Both Reach and Counterbalance FLT experience essential.
• Have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to your work.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety practices within the warehousing environment.
How to Apply
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart are the retained consultancy for Protyre. Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, we may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Warehouse, parts, transport, logistics, supervisor, FLT,