We have an excellent position available for a VDA Engineer. This role is both office based in Camberley and field based.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading Accident Repair Solution providers servicing both the Insurer and Fleet sectors from eight locations within the South West and Home Counties region and a head office support facility based in Surrey. They operate a model similar to franchising whereby branches operate as profit centres but with extensive support services provided from the centre that help them to deliver a consistent customer experience under the brand, backed up with efficient systems, processes and support.
Position of Vehicle Damage Assessor Engineer
The Group Services Team Leader (Engineering, VDA & Admin) will be an experienced engineer leading a team of currently 2 providing support to a number of company sites. The team will include an experienced central customer support executive and a trainee VDA.
The role will be both office and field based and you will primarily be required to support, train and guide the branch Vehicle Damage Assessors (VDA) through the vehicle estimating and repair process. Referring to agreed KPIs, you will guide the VDA teams on how to build accurate repair methods to ensure profitable and efficient vehicle repairs and outstanding customer service.
Key Responsibilities as Vehicle Damage Assessor Engineer
* Drive, lead and encourage branch teams to implement ‘company best VDA practice’
* Assist in the development of MARC estimating blueprint guides & subsequent training.
* Recruitment, onboarding, mentoring and developing of all VDAs. Assist with recruitment & training of all VDA apprentices.
* In conjunction with the Group Services team, assist Bodyshop Managers to interpret VDA KPI data
* Guide VDA’s to take ownership for internal daily, weekly and monthly reporting activities using intranet, KPI and reports
* Monitor and escalate VDA performance issues from initial troubleshooting through to final resolution
* Develop process to support site work mix solutions (fault vs non-fault)
* Promote strategy to optimize profitability according to the requirements of specific work providers i.e. repair vs replace (parts to labour ratio 1:97)
* Ensure that Average repair cost for insurer and managed clients are within agreed tolerance.
* Develop robust method for ensuring that all VDAs are communicating with our repair clients at all stages of the estimate, which underpins a great customer journey.
* Manage total loss claims and outstanding authorities subject to delays.
* Maintain awareness of technological advances (e.g. AI) in the VAD arena and where appropriate, make recommendations to SMT for introduction into the business
* Undertake site compliance audits on VDA routines, as directed by the Compliance Manager (internal/external)
* Work with each branch team to deliver profit through – accuracy, full appreciation of repair methods, sales opportunities and KPI’s
* Guide VDAs on positive negotiating selling techniques / skills and encourage ownership over all aspects of the VDA process
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with stake holders - Client/Driver/Engineer/Work Provider
* Provide central VDA support service (working from images) to designated branches during busy production periods
* Oversee the central customer support executive team on group service functions including first response, central claims and engineering.
* Manage holiday cover for your team and sites
Skills/Experience & Qualification
* 5 years VDA/engineering experience, with understanding of industry KPI’s
* IAEA qualification
* Intermediate use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Experience of coaching, training and developing others at a similar level
* Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) at all levels
* Strong financial and numerical skills
* Willingness to undertake regular travel to various business locations
* Highly motivated
* Customer focused
* Thorough, methodical and organised
* A strong team player
* Positive and outgoing
* Demonstrates tenacity
* Pays close attention to detail
* High standards of presentation
* Good planning and organising skills
For the role of VDA Engineer there is a salary on offer of up to £40,500 per annum.
How to Apply
Please note that Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Motor, automotive, engineer, vehicle, body repair, fitter, assessor, maintenance,