Protyre have an excellent job for a Tyre Technician in Ashford. This is a hands-on role that would suit someone who enjoys practical and manual work, with an interest in cars and a good eye for detail.
Protyre are responsible for repairing damaged, fitting and balancing new tyres, inspecting for wear and tear and discussing tyre requirements with the customer, offering advice and a friendly, efficient service. The ability to deliver great customer service is also a must. They have built success on the back of their professionalism and need to grow their team to support future growth plans during 2018.
• Using hydraulic car lifts, jacks and wheel braces to lift and secure vehicles.
• Using specialised equipment such as air-operated tyre changers, as well as hand and power tools for removing, attaching and repairing tyres.
• Checking and adjusting wheel alignment to manufacturer specification.
• Discussing the customers’ needs to determine the type of replacement tyre they need and offering advice.
• Strong communication skills to liaise with customers and other members of the team.
• Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner, independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to follow checklists and make sure all procedures and checks are completed correctly.
• Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Good standards of housekeeping.
• The ability to deliver great customer service.
• You must hold a full driving licence.
Nice to have (but not essential)
• Previous tyre fitting experience is preferred but training will be given.
• Salary: Good salary depending on experience
• Hours: Average 45 per week between 08.00 – 18.00 Monday to Saturday on rota basis
• Bonus system rewarding productivity
• 24 days annual leave increasing with service plus Bank Holidays
• Cycle to work scheme
• Staff discount
• Pension scheme
• Career and development opportunities
How to Apply
Please note that Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and is the retained consultancy for Protyre. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to at this company. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Tyre Technician, Motor, automotive, repair, tyres, fitter, mechanic, technician, maintenance, repair,