|Systems Accountant required |
Objectives are - Custodian of all finance system data tables, parameters and processes, provide finance, VSB and third party system support, Identify system best practice, assess and document change requests and exceptions. Manage system and process projects through the project life cycle.
Specific activities include: -
Nature and scope of the position
- Custodian and audit of all Finance & VSB data tables and parameters
- Provide system support and troubleshoot issues within stated SLA's
- Lead and support system and process projects including: -
- System set up and configuration
- System testing (unit through to user acceptance testing)
- Data migration and verification
- Report writing using Autoline Report generator
- Training and post implementation support
- Promote effective use of technology and systems.
- Identify and promote business best practice to maximise efficiency and reduce cost & working capital.
- Identify and provide early warning to senior management of any potential control weaknesses.
- Working and building relationships with key software suppliers
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, this is a high profile position with exposure to management at both a local and Retail Head Office level on a regular basis.
- Working on your own initiative while reporting into the central team you will be responsible for delivering activities within budget and to agreed deadlines.
- Location, ideally within commuting distance of Milton Keynes although this can be flexible as the key objective of the role is to support the business.
- This is a field based role