Neogen are currently working with a highly successful business who have experience impressive growth over the last decade and are going through a period of change within their IT team as the company continues to have ambitious growth plans. They are looking to bring in a Service Desk Team Lead to help in this change as they envisage technology being a critical enabler for the organisation to achieve its growth.
This new role will take on the development of all service desk team members, procedures, support tools and technologies used to deliver an effective and modern technology service desk function, supporting the Technical Service Manager in ensuring the team achieves the required levels of service performance and customer satisfaction.
Customer service is a huge part of this role so you will be responsible for ensuring all service level agreements are adhered to and being that 3rd line technical authority. You will have line management responsibility where you will use your extensive technical expertise to upskill the Service Desk team's knowledge and capability to provide end users wherever possible with a first-time fix for raised incidents before escalation to 2nd or 3rd level.
* Strong understanding of Windows 10 covering all aspects of Office 365 including Exchange Online
* A good understanding of Microsoft server, VMware, desktop and MSSQL and VPN Remote Access technologies.
* Active Directory and its functions / utilisation
* ITIL Service Management Accreditation or equivalent experience
* Leadership and management capability
* ITSM tools
* Alert monitoring systems e.g. PRTG
* Understanding of modern networking tools - LAN, WAN, Cisco Meraki and ITSM products
* An understanding of modern remote Printer and scanning technologies management and troubleshooting
* An understanding of modern office telephony solutions, such as Mitel, would also be beneficial but it not essential.
* MCSA, MCDST preferable but not essential