We are looking for a well-motivated individual who can demonstrate first class management skills and be able to work effectively under pressure.
The principle duties of the post are:
• Effective supervision of a fully skilled team of engineers.
• Safety, monitoring of performance, adherence to company policies and procedures, discipline of staff.
• Adhering to the vehicle maintenance schedule, inspection of vehicles and carrying out quality checks.
• Ensure maximum availability of vehicles and reducing mechanical lost mileage to the absolute minimum.
• Responsibility for the 24 hour sheets, issuing worksheets to staff and ensuring that necessary repairs, adjustments or attention to vehicles is carried out in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Ensure that any outstanding work is carried forward on the 24 hour sheet.
• Deal with road calls and requests to cover any emergency that may arise.
• Deal with telephone calls and other communications.
• Liaise with the Operating Manager and Traffic Controllers.
• Responsibility for security of premises, stores and health and safety of staff on the premises.
The Woekshop Manager will also be required to undertake the tasks of the staff he/she supervises.
NVQ level 3 or equivalent would be desirable for this role