Protyre have a vacancy for an experienced MOT Technician/Mechanical technician for an immediate start at a busy fast fit centre in Bishopsworth, Bristol.
Protyre is the retail arm of Micheldever Tyre Services who employ over 1,500 staff and is the brand for a national chain of mechanical and fast fit centres. With centres nationwide, Protyre is one of the UK's largest independent chains of fast fit and mechanical centres with plans to increase the network further in 2018.
Reporting to the Centre Manager your remit will be to get vehicles back on the road promptly whilst delivering complete customer satisfaction.
As an MOT / Mechanical Technician you will:
• MOT Tests as and when required
• Carry out general servicing and repairs on a wide range of vehicles.
• Be competent in fast fit repairs i.e. tyre fitting, brakes, suspension and exhausts.
• Complete clutch and cam belt repairs.
• Maintain the highest quality of workmanship.
• Ensure the work is carried out in line with Company Procedures.
• Deliver excellent customer service.
• To adhere to all Health and Safety requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Diagnosis of vehicle malfunctions.
• Perform repairs when required providing quality workmanship at all times, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
• To maintain accurate documentation in line with company procedures.
• Remove, refit components and carry out related adjustments in accordance with technical standards.
• Follow all Company Health and Safety Procedures.
• Mechanical service and repairs on all vehicles.
Skills and Experience Required:
• MOT experience would be an advantage
• Ideally a NVQ in Motor vehicle technology or City and Guilds part 3
• Excellent customer service.
• Tyre fitting, brake, cam belt, clutch and exhaust experience
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• Able to produce high quality work within specified time frames.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
How to Apply
Please note that Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and is the retained consultancy for Protyre. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to at this company. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Motor, automotive, mechanical, technician, vehicles, repair, MOT, maintenance,