Formel D is the global service provider of the automotive industry. We develop market-leading concepts as well as individual, scalable solutions along the entire automotive value chain - from development to production to aftersales.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, experienced and qualified Mechanics to join Formel D on a contract basis. This is a project that will involve supporting various dealerships within the West Sussex region. The role will require travel around several locations such as: Southampton, Chichester and Portsmouth.
The Mechanic will be:
* Carrying out servicing, repairs and maintenance to high standards.
* Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately, using computer-based diagnostic equipment.
* Repairing or replacing broken or defective parts and resolving defects.
* Carrying out DVSA vehicle testing (if authorised).
* Road testing vehicles to check repairs.
* Maintaining equipment and making sure tools are in good condition.
* Following checklists to ensure all procedures are completed.
* Completing all documentation to the required standard.
What you'll need to succeed
* A certificate in Light Vehicle Maintenance Level 3 and solid work experience in the automotive industry.
* The ability to work in a competent and efficient manner on your own or part of a busy team.
* Strong communication skills.
* Good attention to detail.
* The ability to carry out work to high standards to deadlines.
* A proactive and enthusiastic approach.
* The ability to accurately follow written and spoken instructions.
* A full driving licence.
* Own basic tool box
* Previous dealership experience would be beneficial but not essential