Porsche is one of the world’s most iconic brands and they have an excellent opportunity for a Graduate Trainee Accountant.
The position of Graduate Trainee Accountant will be based at our Head Office in Reading but will have regular travel to Guildford, Hatfield & West London Porsche Centers.
The Role of Graduate Trainee Accountant
The position provides support to the Centre Financial Controllers and will report directly to the Finance Manager in Porsche Retail Group, with a dotted line to the Centre Financial Controllers. You will:
• Provide crucial assistance in producing accurate and timely management
• Create and build an effective network between the Finance function and the Centre teams
• Work closely with the Centre team whilst at all times remaining independent and objective.
The position therefore requires a strong individual with commercial awareness, a positive attitude and “Can-do” approach at all times, whilst being comfortable to challenge at all levels.
Core Specific Responsibilities:
• Management accounts preparation - journal writing and posting, production of detailed working papers to support the month-end process for review
• Attend Centre’s on a routine basis for meetings with Centre Financial Controllers and Centre Management
• Detailed expense analysis for Centre management and Centre Financial Controller
• Monthly car profit reconciliation
• Monitor parts stock obsolescence provision
• Provide cover for the monthly completion of center’s KPI reporting tool
• General Vehicle Stock Book maintenance - i.e. status of vehicles, unreceived costs, estimated versus actuals and to work with CFC and Sales Admin to ensure that VSB is up to date
• Preparation of Weekly Performance Reports for Service, Parts and Warranty
• Weekly cash debtors management – resolving issues and maintaining clear balances
• Cash sheet signoff (in absence of CFC) and resolution of cash sheet queries
• Preparation of Centre commission and bonus packs
• Coding of invoices and provide to Centre Accountant for approval
• Support and assist the purchase ledger
• Monitor Centre used car purchases account
• Assist Centre Financial Controller with budget and forecast preparation
• Review, authorise and post bank transfers prior to approval
• Prepare board papers for Insurance Products sales and profit analysis
• Assist Centre Financial Controller with Year End
• Attend vehicle and parts stock-takes
• An accounting / finance Graduate and have a minimum of 1-2 years accounting experience in a similar role
• Studying or about to start CIMA/ACCA exams,
• Highly proficient in Excel
• General ledger system knowledge preferable
To be successful for the position of Graduate Trainee Accountant you will be a motivated individual with a desire to succeed who balances a strong accounting background with the ability to provide effective commercial support to the Centre and Centre Management. You will have the following attributes:
• Accounting/ Finance background preferable
• Excellent attention to detail
• Motivated with a desire to learn
• Focused & dynamic
• Excellent communication Skills – ability to liaise with all levels of the business
• Strong analytical ability
• Committed to position
For the position of Graduate Trainee Accountant there is a fantastic package on offer:
• A salary of circa £25,000 per annum
• 27 days holiday allowance per annum
• Private Medical
• Option of a VW Vehicle Lease Scheme at preferential rates
• DC Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
How to Apply
Please note that Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and is the retained consultancy for Porsche Centre. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to at this company. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Accountant, graduate, trainee, finance, accounting, bookkeeper, cima, acca, aat,