Contract Electrical Design Engineer
*Contract role based in Surrey
*£35/ph - £40/ph
Hours: Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 17:00 (Overtime Available)
Are you an Electrical Designer looking for your next exciting position?
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to work for a globally known automotive company working on some breath-taking new opportunities. Currently searching for an experienced Electrical Designer to be involved in the incredible journey the automotive company are going on. If considered for the Electrical Designer role, you will get to join the unique Design and Development centre in Surrey.
As an effective Electrical Designer, you will have the following responsibilities/duties:
Your primary responsibility will be packaging, design and release of Electrical components across all projects undertaken. Expected to provide innovative technical solutions to meet project needs as well as delivering initial scheme work through the concept stage, before switching to design and release of component and assembly including tooling, jigs and fixtures and supporting vehicle build.
* Support other members of the Electrical team to prepare 2D concept sections, 3D part models, 3D assembly models and any associated 2D drawings as required.
* Deliver high quality and imaginative technical solutions to project requirements, utilising team input when necessary.
* Provide input data to CAE and support any other Vehicle Engineering activities.
* Liaise with styling to support feasible design solutions about manufacturing, assembly and homologation.
* Coordinate with Functional Leads and Project Managers to ensure technical targets, program timings and budgetary requirements are met.
* Schedule activities to meet engineering deliverables that deliver to required specifications within timescales and budgets.
* Support presentations of concepts and status to client project teams, client senior management and project suppliers and internally to Company personnel
* Guarantee own designs meet all relevant safety and regulatory requirements, and are formally verified to meet these and other specifications
* Contribute to complete and effective engineering plans and schedules, including planning own activities.
* Find and highlight any areas for continuous improvement.
Experience and Skills required for the Electrical Designer role include:
*Extensive experience working Electrical components and Packaging design.
*Previous/current experience working with CATIA V5
*Broad experience of working within the automotive/motorsport industry.
To apply for this position, click apply now and I will get back to you as soon as possible