GEODIS is a Leading Logistics Provider who manages our customers' supply chain by providing end-to-end solutions enabled by our infrastructure, our people, processes and systems. Our mission, vision and values reflect who we are as an organization, our approach, and what we bring to the partnership with our customers.
Customer Service Advisor
Objective / Purpose of the Job
To ensure a proactive approach is the main focus in retaining our customers and looking for new opportunities.
The emphasis is placed on growth and profitability in accordance with the policies and guidelines
Key Activities / Accountabilities
* Make scheduled calls to ensure that new customers are nurtured into the business
* Manage your own customer base - identify trends, key development areas
* Updating internal CRM system if required
* Quote, confirm in writing, log & follow-up "one off" shipments based on company pricing rules
* Document all complaints and ensure that each complaint is properly investigated, the client receives a response and lasting corrective action is taken
* Enter all claims on SQI system and forward all documents to claims administrator
* Complete daily pallet counts and trailer fills, amend dates and upgrade pallet types where applicable and complete dispatches at the end of each day.
* Account manage your designated portfolio, pro-actively ensuring retention & development
* Ensure KPI reports are updated for all clients in your portfolio
* Manage client tracking inquiries and respond in accordance with client SOP and / or product service levels
* Respond to other verbal inquiries as received and ensure answers are provided
* Compare turnover to previous trading and ensure that level of profitability is in line with original expectations.
* As part of the commercial approach proactively seek new and development opportunities to either win with the assistance of external sales if required
PERSON PROFILE -
Essential Education and/ or Training
Experience of the logistics industry and a customer service role.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
* Industry knowledge
* Microsoft Office applications
* Interpersonal skills
* Initiative / time management
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
Good computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft office, etc.
Fluent in local language, comfortable in English and other languages that the job requires to manage customer and other contacts
Confidence to meet with customers.
Customer service and communication skills to handle queries and complaints.
Knowledge of company goals and strategies
Required Behavioural Competencies
Ability to create development opportunities
Ability to use time efficiently
Open-minded, good communicator - aware of differences, culturally and otherwise and ability to use this knowledge
Self motivated and capable of handling many tasks simultaneously
Strong people skills
Results orientated and driven to achieve goals and meet targets
Good team player