Business Development Manager - East Midlands/NE England
c£40k plus Commission, £7K Car Allowance, Pension, Health & Life Cover...
Global market leader in the construction and material handling space are looking to hire a Technical Sales Manager in theEast Midlands/North East England.
Recognized for creating Innovative Products, you'll be joining a talented team of creative problem solvers and engineers who are united around a single passion - to build and install remarkable safety and protection equipment well-received by Fortune500 companies internationally.
We are searching for individuals who excel at building and strengthening customer relationships, introducing new products and finding new opportunities. If you are looking for a position where making a difference counts, this may be a perfect fit.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Ideally located in the East Midlands or North East and reporting to the UK Sales Director you will be responsible for:
• Heavy Hunting: daily cold calling and prospecting for new business while managing retention of existing business.
• Development and implementation of a strategic sales plan to ensure a surgical focus on territory growth.
• Maintain a sales pipeline and share the pipeline with the Operations Team to ensure product supply.
• Identify and develop new prospects using resources including general business publications, industry directories, the web, trade show leads, targeted mailing lists and referrals.
• Achieve a targeted number of trial installations every quarter.
• Collaborate cross functionally to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Fully utilize available resources to maximize award potential and overall success rate.
• Develop account expertise through customer profiling and identification of key decision makers.
• Successfully build relationships with key decision makers by promoting core values, products, service levels and value proposition.
• Monitor and analyze market and business trends to identify additional selling opportunities.
• Continue to expand into Architects, System Integrators, and General Contractors to educate them on the Product Lines and Solutions.
• Revenue growth to be achieved year upon year.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Knowledge and experience of selling products and solutions into areas such as warehouse, logistic and industrial and factory environments.
• Proven track record on consultative sales.
• Can nurture relationships and negotiate long term agreement deals with customers.
• Can approach Main Contractors at Site or Head office level with ease and obtain procurement packages.
• Build new relationships within various sectors to expand the brand.
• Ability to develop and execute a tactical plan to support the strategic vision of the business.
• Ability to sell in high cost solutions that will have valuable ROI's.
• Ability to read architectural prints or building plans.
It goes without saying that you have first class communication & presentation skills and can shift seamlessly between the construction site and Customer HQ