Automotive, Motor Trade Job: Automotive Workshop Controller required in Bexley.
Salary: Up to £35,000 Per Annum
Term: Full time, Permanent
Motor Trade Jobs / Automotive Vacancies: Workshop Controller Required for Niche Automotive Business - Bexley
Workshop Controller Required for Niche Automotive Business in the Bexley area.
Our client is the one of the UK's most successful manufacturers and have been established for over 40 years with a fantastic reputation within a prestigious industry.
You will be responsible for the day to day operational efficiency of the workshop reporting directly to the Production Manager. A key aspect of the role is to run an efficient workshop, motivating and managing all production staff to perform as effectively as possible. You will be responsible for the day to day leadership of the team, ensuring a safe and compliant environment manufacturing a unique product.
* To ensure that production is achieved in a timely and efficient manner to meet monthly budgeted targets to a consistently high standard of quality.
* Implement and manage a time and motion study to establish true build times per model of car. Ultimately use these times to improve workshop efficiencies.
* Develop an understanding of the process used within the Production facility, and be able to advise and lead the production team when decisions need to be taken regarding the processes.
* Challenge inefficiency and current practice at every opportunity; establishing a team culture of continuous improvement and unrelenting pursuit of product quality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Plan and allocate work to all technicians ensuring work standards and time scales are always achieved. Whilst in turn making sure that workshop hours are accurately recorded at all times
* Manage and motivate up to 35 staff
* Ensure that production volumes are consistently achieved in a timely manner.
* Ensure that efficiencies are continually improved throughout the production process.
* Ensure that quality is maintained to the highest standard.
* Assist the Production Manager in maintaining Conformity of Production (CoP) processes and records
* Identify & organise on-going staff training where required
* Responsible for H&S and safe practice at all times.
* Liaise with purchasing & warehouse to ensure all parts required are available prior to the jobs being undertaken
Key Skills & Experience:
* Solid experience gained in a similar Workshop role, either in manufacturing or possibly an Aftersales environment.
* Key Competencies: Problem solving, planning and organising, co-ordination and control, time management, attention to detail, decision-making, leadership, delegation, team work, conflict management, strong communication skills, especially written.
Need another reason to apply? Working hours are Monday to Thursday 7am to 4pm, and Fridays 7am - 1pm ONLY! No weekends!
If you think you have what it takes, apply today! Please contact Beth at Perfect Placement for more information on this Workshop Controller Job or any other Automotive Jobs in Kent.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Jobs within the Automotive Field, we can help you with your Career search for Motor Trade Jobs as we have over 1,400 live Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Technician Jobs to Service Manager Jobs.
To apply please send your CV to Beth Allen quoting J81045, Workshop Controller, Bexley.
Please remember to add your home phone number, mobile number, email address and full address to your CV. If this information is missing it slows down our process and may result in us not being able to contact you.
Continue your job search on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/MotorTradeJobs
Perfect Placement UK Ltd is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Copyright © Perfect Placement UK Limited 2018.
The reproduction, transmission or other use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Perfect Placement UK Limited's prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Please contact our office on 01603 701077 if you wish to discuss this copyright.