A large commercial vehicle company, which develops, manufactures, sells and maintains large vehicles, require an Applications Engineer to join the team.
Applications Engineer - This is a varied role, which will involve the candidate working in the engineering department.
Applications Engineer - Engineering qualifications or experience is essential including the ability to read technical drawings and to understand the processes surrounding Standards, Document Control, BOM's (Bills of Materials) and Engineering Change Requests.
Applications Engineer- Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The role of the Applications Engineer will involve
- Provide internal and external customers with design drawings, which may include the obtaining of costings
- Provide and support manufacturing and production with technical drawings and electric and hydraulic schematics as needed
- Provide Purchase Department & suppliers with drawings, BOM's and technical information
- Ensure compliance to standards and regulations relating to products manufactured
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, including chassis manufacturers as and when required
- Participation in production factory technical liaison meetings as required
- Provide and help create Manuel's and support documentation for finished products
- Engineering admissions to include the processing of design change requests
- Create Design Projects plans where appropriate
You will have:
- An engineering qualification
- A proficient knowledge and working understanding of Auto-electrics, hydraulics and refuse collection vehicle would be advantageous
- Ability to solve problems and follow projects through to conclusions
The ideal candidate will be professional and self-motivated with a good internal/ external customer service ethos and the ability to develop and learn. Communication skills are vital for this role and the candidate must be confident & flexible enough to work alone and as part of the larger team.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.