Protyre have a vacancy for a fully qualified Vehicle Mechanic / Technician for an immediate start in a busy fast fit centre in Exeter.
Protyre is the retail arm of Micheldever Tyre Services who employ over 1,500 staff and is the brand for a national chain of mechanical and fast fit centres. With 104 centres nationwide, Protyre is one of the UK's largest independent chains of fast fit and mechanical centres with plans to increase the network by a further 20% this year.
The Role of Vehicle Mechanic / Technician
Reporting to the Centre Manager you will be required to provide efficient and effective customer service, maintain the highest quality of workmanship, in relation to general servicing and repairs, ensuring that the work is carried out in line with Company and Ministry procedures.
As a Vehicle Mechanic / Technician for Protyre you will:
• Be responsible carrying out repairs on a wide range of vehicles.
• Hold an NVQ level 3 in a related subject or equivalent.
• Have tyre fitting capabilities.
• Complete various mechanical and servicing work.
Your responsibilities as Vehicle Mechanic / Technician will include:
• Perform repairs when required providing quality workmanship at all times, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
• To maintain accurate documentation in line with company procedures
• Remove and refit components and carry out related adjustments in accordance with technical standards
• Follow all Company Health and Safety Procedures
• Mechanical service and repairs on all vehicles
Skills and experience required:
• Clean Driving Licence
• Able to produce high quality work within specified time frames
• Able to work independently or as part of a busy team in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Employee discounts on servicing, MOT and tyres.
• Apprenticeship and trainee schemes supporting career development.
• Competitive basic rates of pay.
• Excellent bonus opportunity.
• 24 days annual leave rising with continuous service.
• Excellent working environment.
technician, mechanic, maintenance, repair, workshop, fast fit, vehicle, car, engineering,