Protyre have a vacancy for an experienced Vehicle Mechanic / MOT Technician for an immediate start at a busy fast fit centre in Bristol.
Protyre is the retail arm of Micheldever Tyre Services who employ over 1,500 staff and is the brand for a national chain of mechanical and fast fit centres. With 109 centres nationwide, Protyre is one of the UK's largest independent chains of fast fit and mechanical centres with plans to increase the network by a further 20% this year.
In the role of Vehicle Mechanic / MOT Technician you will:
• Complete MOT Tester in line with VOSA procedures
• Carry out general servicing and repairs on a wide range of vehicles.
• Be competent in fast fit repairs i.e. brakes, suspension and exhausts.
• Complete clutch and cam belt repairs.
• Maintain the highest quality of workmanship.
• Ensure the work is carried out in line with Company Procedures.
• Deliver excellent customer service.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements.
Your responsibilities as Vehicle Mechanic / MOT Technician will include:
• Diagnosis of vehicle malfunctions.
• Perform repairs when required providing quality workmanship at all times, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
• To maintain accurate documentation in line with company procedures.
• Remove, refit components and complete related adjustments in accordance with technical standards.
• Follow all Company Health and Safety Procedures.
• Mechanical service and repairs on all vehicles.
Skills and Experience Required:
• MOT qualified
• Ideally a NVQ in Motor vehicle technology or City and Guilds part 3
• Excellent customer service.
• Tyre fitting, brake, cam belt, clutch and exhaust experience
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• Able to produce high quality work within specified time frames.
• The ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
How to Apply
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart are the retained consultancy for Protyre. Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, we may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
MOT, technician, mechanic, vosa, maintenance, repair, workshop, fast fit, vehicle, car, engineering,