Protyre have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and experienced Tyre Technician / Fitter to join their team in a busy fast fit centre in Portsmouth.
One in every five tyres distributed in the UK is handled by Protyre, the retail arm of Micheldever Tyres who are the UK’s largest independent tyre wholesaler, distributor and retailer, providing coverage across Southern England.
Nationally operating out of 108 centres they have approximately 1,500 permanent employees in roles including Drivers, Tyre Technicians, Mechanics and MOT Technicians. Working for Protyre opens the door to a world of opportunity, a great working environment and fantastic employee benefits.
As a Tyre Technician / Fitter you will:
• Be competent in fast fit repairs i.e. tyre fitting, brakes, suspension and exhausts.
• Maintain the highest quality of workmanship.
• Travel to customer sites in and around the local area to fit tyres.
• Ensure the work is carried out in line with Company Procedures.
• Deliver excellent customer service.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements.
• Carry out general servicing and repairs on a wide range of vehicles.
Your responsibilities as Tyre Technician / Fitter will include:
• Perform repairs providing quality workmanship at all times.
• To maintain accurate documentation in line with company procedures.
• Follow all Company Health and Safety Procedures.
• Basic service and repairs on all vehicles.
• Help the Company maintain its industry leading standard of process efficiency.
Skills and Experience Required:
• NVQ in Motor vehicle technology or City and Guilds part 3 or equivalent.
• Truck and Agricultural Tyre experience an advantage
• Clean Driving Licence.
• Able to produce high quality work within specified time frames.
• Able to work independently or as part of a busy team in a fast paced dynamic environment.
In the role of Tyre Technician / Fitter you will work an average of 45 hours per week on a rota basis.
How to Apply
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart are the retained consultancy for Protyre. Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, we may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Fitter, tyre, technician, mechanic, fast fit, repairs, vehicle, maintenance,