HGV Technician Required Loughton, Essex.
Salary; £36,000 - £40,000 DOE
Monday - Friday 8am - 6PM
Progress Recruitment Solutions are currently looking to recruit an experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician.
As a HGV Mechanic, you will be required to maintain, inspect, repair and test the Company’s vehicles, plant and equipment to prescribed standards in accordance with the Department for Transport (DfT), manufacturer, FORS accreditation and any other internal policies and procedures.
You will need to be experienced with maintaining and working with diesel engines and commercial vehicles and have an excellent safe working history and standard. The role will involve driving vehicles, so you must hold a valid driving licence and be willing to drive.
The role will include the following;
• To maintain, inspect, repair and test the Company’s vehicles, plant and equipment.
• Prepare, present and accompany all HGV vehicles, other than exempt categories, for annual MOT inspections.
• Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards.
• Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
• To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required.
• To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required.
• To complete associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are produced, update dedicated workshop computer system as necessary.
• To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
• To maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition
• To attend training courses related to the role.
• To maintain the company vehicles to a high standard.
• To provide weekly / monthly progress updates and any other reports as required.
• To conduct the necessary FORS checks on the vehicle
• Ensure drivers are complying with the Company policies and procedures and reporting any breaches.
• Assisting the Yard Assistant and Transport Manager with maintenance of the Yard as and when required.
• Liaising with Procurement Department to ensure any orders are placed and received on time.
• Carrying out any other relevant duty as and when requested.
The ideal candidate will have;
Experience of working with all aspects of HGV and light commercial maintenance and repair.
Experience of working on municipal vehicles
Experience in welding
Ability to work effectively under pressure and to set targets
Knowledge of workshop health and safety practises.
Knowledge of hydraulics & 12/24v electrics.
Carry out work with minimum amount of supervision.
Effectively manage time and meet deadlines Good standard of verbal & written communication.
Willing to attend additional training courses.
Willing to work shifts and overtime.
Willing to participate in the out of hours call out rota.
Full driving licence
Recognised qualification eg City & Guilds level 3, NVQ or equivalent
To apply for this vacancy please contact Adam Wilks at Progress Recruitment Solutions (UK) Ltd quoting Ref: PRS13313
Unfortunately we are unable to contact every application that we receive, if you do not receive a response please assume that you have been unsuccessful with this particular application, however if you have automotive experience we will keep your details on file and contact you should a vacancy arise that matches your skills and experience.
Follow us on Twitter!! @progressrecruit
HGV | Mechanic | Technician | Motor Trade | Jobs | Loughton | Essex | Careers |