Our client a Car Manufacturer in Coventry are looking for an Engineering Change Engineer to join their team.
The Engineering Change Engineer will play a key role in creating, maintaining and controlling change of the bill of material, ensuring that all changes conform to scope, time, cost and quality objectives & that agreed benefits / drawbacks are identified, evaluated, approved, rejected or deferred.Your responsibility will be to provide
- an accurate bill of materials (BoM) through validation activities.
- Coordinate engineering change activities to support the addition or deletion of old, new or modified parts.
You will be
- Assist in the development of engineering change / bill of material strategies
- Maintain processes to promote standardisation of engineering governance Maintain related processes for efficient delivery of engineering change solutions whilst maintaining quality and minimising risk.
- Identify and build associations within EAD, to help achieve efficient engineering change coordination.
- Create change plans
- To Ensure that Bill of materials are always accurate
- To ensure that Engineering change processes are always followed
- Liaise daily with all functions and at all levels up to Director
- Liaise with external engineering resource & suppliers to support the activities of the engineering change function.
- HNC level in engineering administration or equivalent.
- A good understanding of how engineering change principles & how processes work
- Preferred 3-years’ experience in automotive manufacturing change control environment.